Temple Bnai Israel is very proud of the facilities in which they are entrusted. Below is our policy regarding the use of the Greer Auditorium. This policy was approved by the Temple Board January 201, 2010.
Planning & Scheduling
- Event must be scheduled with office administrator for desired use of room, date, time, event at least 3 weeks prior to event, except for meals of consolation following a funeral or other emergencies.
- Office Administrator will confirm date with Building Use chair and the Rabbi.
- Person planning event will fill out building use form
- The synagogue will not be available for rental to non-members on Shabbat.
- Events with food, including basic kiddush, luncheon or dinner for life cycle event [eg Bar/Bat Mitzvah (Oneg included), meal of consolation, family celebration]
- For members, room use free, custodial fee $100 paid to the Temple.
- For non-members, room use $450 (includes custodial fee of $100) plus a $50 security deposit to be returned after the event upon verification that the premises have been left in good condition.
- Events with no food (meetings, functions)
- For members room use is free, custodial fee $50 paid to the Temple.
- For non-members $400 (includes custodial fee of $50) plus a $50 security deposit to be returned after the event upon verification that the premises have been left in good condition.
It is assumed that these charges include use of kitchen and added custodial time for set-up and clean-up.Additional charges may be applied for excessive clean-up (unreasonable use). Custodial staff will be paid by the Temple.There will be an additional charge from the Rabbi for participation in religious ceremonies for non-members.
A. All events must adhere to synagogue Shabbat and Kashrut policies (see separate policies). The synagogue will not be available for rental to non-members on Shabbat.
B. Before the event, custodians are expected to do the following:
- Set up tables & chairs (as described in room rental form).
- Take out trash.
- Make sure kitchen is ready for use.
- Clean floor.
C. Clean rest rooms, ensure all lights working, stock toilet paper and paper towels.
After the event, custodians are expected to do the following:
- Take down tables & chairs.
- Remove collected & appropriately bagged trash.
- Clean floor if all is picked up.
- Clean up of kitchen must be done by persons sponsoring the event.
- Clearing snow & ice, sanding parking lot & driveway are Temple responsibilities.
- Food may be stored in refrigerator one day before event.The food must be removed within one day following event.
- Cloth tablecloths may be used by members but must be washed & returned before next event.
- Persons holding event must provide paper goods.Consistent with our commitment to sound environmental policy, post consumer paper goods and plastic #1-7 that can be recycled must be used.
- Recycling of plastics, metal and paper is required.Recycling bins are provided by the Temple.